Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:19:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Casey <chriss@phys.ksu.edu>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XP1000/Linux/things

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> You can type 'ls' at the loader prompt (before it boots) to see what
> files are on / (or on /boot/kernel/* for -current)

Thats the thing, i never get to a loader prompt, it bails out aparently
when its trying to load the kernel before it gives the option to boot or
get the loader prompt. This disk has been messed with with linux fdisk, I
see no fdiskish utils in sysinstall. Does sysinstall do any
checks/reorganizing on the disk when it lays out the fs?

oh.. my retry from the 4.1-install.iso just finished, and it seems that
that one works fine. So its something on the 4.1.1 that doesnt get along
with this machine. At least its alive now.

> > ---

> > Unable to load a kernel!
> > |
> > can't load 'kernel'
> >
> > halted CPU 0