Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:03:03 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-binup@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: binup project

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On 2003.03.07 13:55:06 +0000, Colin Percival wrote:

> >I don't think anybody are actively working on the project at the moment.
>   It's not intended to be as extensive as -binup, but I've got some binar=
y=20
> updates code designed for tracking the security branches; I announced an=
=20
> earlier version here in late December, and I intend to have a new version=
=20
> (with several bug fixes, and support for updating nocrypto, krb4, and krb=
5=20
> versions of files appropriately) ready by the time FreeBSD 4.8 is release=
d.
I remember looking at it and it looked very interesting. If I remember corr=
ectly
on "only" deals with making/applying updated and not the distribution right?

Perhaps your code could be put together with the simple HTTP protocol I was
looking at to actually get a complete remote binary updater... It could be a
start for a full binup.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v