Date:      Wed, 05 May 2004 12:54:13 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Bob Collins <bobc@anything-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing to a Xerox Document Centre 332 (escape seq.)

Bob Collins wrote:
> We have a Xerox Document Centre 332 on our network. LPD is running on
> it. I can send print jobs to it from the FBSD boxes, however I get the
> staircase effect. I cannot find at Xerox, nor Googling the escape
> sequence required to curtail the staircase effects.
>
> Has anyone figured this out? And if so, would you be willing to share
> the codes?

I don't know the escape codes for this printer, but you can work around
this by installing a filter on LPD that converts newlines to LFCR.

There's got to be 1000 howtos on the 'net on how to do this:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing-intro-setup.html#PRINTING-TEXTFILTER

You might also just install magicfilter or apsfilter.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies