Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 13:34:30 -0500
From:      bgoering@ilsmart.com
To:        "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Smart Array 431 support

Jim,

Yes, I am using this controller. One note...it did NOT get recognized by
the 4.1 release CD, the ida driver was fixed shortly after release to
recognize this card. I ended up doing a ftp install from a stable snapshot.

Bill

                    "Jim C. Nasby"
                    <jim@nasby.net>               To:     freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    owner-freebsd-stable@F        Subject:     Compaq Smart Array 431 support
                    reeBSD.ORG

                    09/03/2000 12:28 AM

Is anyone using this controller on 4-STABLE? It's not listed as
supported hardware on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-hw.html.
This will be a production box, so I'd rather stay away from -CURRENT, as
well as any beta drivers.
jim@nasby.net                                               /___\