Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 17:57:37 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@sns.com>
To:        redwolf3@ix.netcom.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Installation

At 04:03 PM 4/19/97 -0700, Red Wolfe wrote:
>I want to install Freebsd on my system.  I have a P166 which I will be
>upgrading to K6 233 MHZ w/MMX within the month.  I need to know, Can I
>have it simply boot to a different drive rather than needing to
>partition my C drive.  I currently have two drives, a 2.1 Gig C drive,
>and a 4 Gig D/E drive that have been divided into two with fdisk.  Is it
>possible to not harm Windows95/dos 6.22/ windows3.1?  I have System
>commander but not a lot of money.  I need something that is either
>preferably shareware or a way to install it to one of the 2 partitioned
>sections of my 4 gigger.  I have hardly anything on those two partitions
>so I would not have a problem, but the information on my C drive is far
>to valuable to just have "written over".  Any help you could give me
>would be great, I really want to try unix and see if it's for me and any
>help would definately be appreciated.

Nice to know you found where to get help, Steve. One hint: try reading the
FAQ, and Handbook, and the text files at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.1-RELEASE. There are some text files
there (install, readme, relnotes) that explain a lot of stuff you need to
know.

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@sns.com     ICQ UIN: 692441    http://chipweb.home.ml.org
             http://www.sns.com/~ludwigp  <--^-- Updated 04/18/97
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page