Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2010 23:30:14 -0700
From:      Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez <mapsware@prodigy.net.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mbr loader

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 22:08:56 xinyou yan wrote:
> 1. when i install freebsd . I can write mbr and not write
>     if i write mbr . freebsd can Identification  windows and load it

first, you are talking about boot loaders or boot managers; its different from
MBR witch means master boot record

When you say "FreeBSD can identify windows and load it", you have wrong the
concept of FreeBSD can identify, because FreeBSD its not loaded yet, a program
called BootEasy its the one identifying windows (an others OS) and display F1:
Windows etc..

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NT-BOOTLOADER

> 3. Can freebsd load linux  (fedora)? and how  ?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#BOOTEASY-
LOADER

Look in ports for boot loaders (manager)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=boot+loader&stype=text&sektion=all
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=boot+manager&stype=text&sektion=all

Its a good idea to read Chapter 9 (Disks, File Systems, and Boot Loaders) of

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html

HTH