Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 11:38:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Colorado 120 QIC tape drives.

> > Could anyone provide instructions for backing up with a QIC 80 tape drive.
> > how do I format tapes? then how do I use them?
>
> You shouldn't have to format the tapes, just pipe dump to /dev/rft and off
> you go.

	ft reports the error:

tape is not formatted
Insert ftfilt volume 0 and press enter:

	for devices /dev/ft0 and /dev/ft0a am I using the wrong device,
dmesg.boot reports ft0 is the colorado tape?  Any suggestions?

	      Abraham J. Stephens
		  DIRECTOR SIS
	stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org
        http://aasis.albany-academy.org