Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 17:00:21 -0000
From:      "Martin Von_Schantz" <ikaros_net@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install problems

Hi, I was trying to install 4.3 from a previous bsd partition but when the
installer asked for a "fully qualifyable path" to the location of the
install binaries the install program seemed to refuse all my efforts to come
up with a path.

I've tryed things like "/dev/ad1s1", "/dev/ad1s1/freebsd",
"/dev/ad1s1:freebsd", "/export" (after I mounted that disk).
But nothing seems to work, the installer just spits in my face and cleans
all settings I've made each time.

Does anyone have a clue of the path that is required for it to find the
binaries?
(As you might have noticed they lie on the first partition of the first
slave disk in a directory called /freebsd).

/Martin von Schantz