Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:14:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrej Brodnik (Andy) <brodnik@IBC.IskraSistemi.Si>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        brian@FreeBSD.org.uk, hm@hcs.de, rich@ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk
Subject:   Re: i4b_rbch_ioctl.h (was: Strange problems with make depend

Thanx for the answers. Yes, the main problem is the overuninstall
script which does not remove the "i4b_rbch_ioctl.h" file.

Ok, the steps I did were:

  > cd /tmp/i4b
  > tar xzvpf i4b-.......
  > cd FreeBSD
  > sh overinstall.sh
  > sh overuninstall.sh
  > cd /tmp
  > rm -rf i4b
  > cd /usr/src/i4b
  > tar xzvpf i4b-.......
  > cd FreeBSD
  > sh overinstall.sh

Then I re-configured my kernel and tried to run make depend on it. It
failed not finding file "machine/i4b_rbch_ioctl.h".

Then I noticed  that "/usr/include/machine/i4b_rbch_ioctl.h" is linked
to the old  position of the original file (on /tmp).  I relinked it by
hand. However, it  didn't solve the problem. The  reason is that there
was  second  link  to   the  old  position  of  "i4b_rbch_ioctl.h"  in
"/usr/src/sys/i386/include"! When  I updated  this link as  well, make
depend work without a failure.

Now, can somebody update the overuninstall script, please.

Thanx!

LPA