Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:52:04 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   WAY the blazes OT, perhaps... .

	For anyone who thinks this email too far OT, my apologies
	up front.  But in case mail, collectively or to-me-personally
	bounces in the next few days, my thought.org domain may disappear
	for days/weeks/centuries.

	My HW buddy whom I've known since the late 70's has just driven
	his teenager to the airport for her flight home; we (or *I*--
	since I think that DNS is more of a software issue than hardware
	--we are about to get serious about swapping an antique cheeeep
	DNS server for a high-end (yes, of course *used*) server.
	Without the HW assist I'd be up various creeks without paddles.
	This is the time to make hey.///hay(sp?). --If there are any
	stsyem admin wizards in the 98100 ZIP code who want to stop by
	and point out what idiot things I've been mis-configuring,
	any/all help would be appreciated.

	thanks people,

	PS: ( Vacation time arrows by faster than the speed of light... but
	      at least my backside has time to mend from horseback riding
	      for a couple years.  [Even further OT: do any of you kknow
	      where th e attraction between girls <-> horses comes
	      from??  --gotta be one of these 'mysteries'....])

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix