Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:06:29 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install probs with sony vaio R505-JSK

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:42:22AM -0700, Bill Swingle wrote:
> > If it's the slimdock CDROM drive then it's firewire and you're SOL
> > under freebsd.
>
> Yeah that's what I've gathered so far although someone said they'd been
> able to mount it under -current...

Yes, with the (as-yet-uncommitted) FireWire patch being
distributed by <ikob@FreeBSD.org>, they might have been able to.
I haven't tested it personally but the FireWire code looks
promising, certainly a lot more so than past efforts at
supporting IEEE1394 in FreeBSD.

I've been meaning to apply the patch on my R505JL just for kicks.

Regards,
--
wca