Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:55:10 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        jcargill@cs.wisc.edu (Jon Cargille)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Network gurus:  How hard to split bandwidth across modems?

<<On Mon, 13 Feb 95 11:11:14 -0600, jcargill@cs.wisc.edu (Jon Cargille) said:

> I've been wondering how hard would it be to convince FreeBSD to route
> packets (possibly bound for a single host) across two different
> point-to-point links as bandwidth is available?

There is something called the ``PPP Multilink Control Protocol'' in
the throes of standardization right now, which does this.  Someone
would have to actually implement it, however.  (I suspect it would be
much easier to implement under IIJ-PPP than in the kernel.)

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.