Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:26:10 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Standalone Skype Server possible ... ?

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:01:12 -0300 (ADT)
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> Have a client that would like to run their own Skype Server ...
> basically, with its own SkypeOut capabilities through their own phone
> lines ... multiple locations all able to talk VOIP using Skype, and
> if an external phone # needs to be called, it would be through
> *their* office phone lines, not the "public ones" that Skype has
> setup ...
>
> Possible?  Under FreeBSD?

I haven't seen anywhere that Skype provides that possibilitiy, so I
don't think this is possible with Skype. Of course, I would love to be
proved wrong.

If your cliet would like to have full control over their own VOIP / PBX
telephone solution, might I suggest Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org/)?

HTH
 --
Regards,