Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:48:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Miller <ctodd@netgate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Invalid partition error after install

It seems everytime I install on a scsi disk without the "boot manager"
option (i.e. it's a single OS machine), I cannot boot the system after
install. I have to create a fixit disk and install the boot manager in
order to use the system. I've seen various complaints in the email
archives about boot problems after install, but no definitive explanation
of this specific problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this something
that can be fixed. I've had this problem since I started with 4.5, but I
suspect it's been around longer.

Regards,
        Chris