Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:38:59 -0700
From:      Dragon Green <dgreen@learn2.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   buzzy sound

Hi,

I have a pretty well supported sound card, SoundBlaster 16, I
configured my  4 STABLE kernel with

device          pcm0 at isa? irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

It works, but about half the time, it emits this horrible buzzing
instead of playing the sounds it's supposed too.  The other half of
the time it sounds great. I can't seem to find what causes it.

It happened under FreeBSD3.4 also. I am using Xwindow with
enlightenment.  It happens with .wav and .mp3 I know, maybe others
too.

I can't seem to find anyone who has had the same problem in the mailing lists.

Is it some freak thing? Does anyone have and idea what is happening?

Thank you,
Dragon
--
Dragon Green