Date:      Sat, 02 Dec 1995 08:34:27 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@tribe.com>
Cc:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, erich@lodgenet.com
Subject:   Re: ethernet card configuration programs

Archie Cobbs writes:

>Would it be possible for someone to port these to FreeBSD? This
>would be great because I always have to boot DOS to run the stupid
>config program for NE2000 compatible cards... for some reason the
>default card configuration and the default FreeBSD "ed1" configuration
>don't agree.

I'm planning to when I get a chance.

>I don't know what the equivalent/substitute for #include <asm/io.h>
>would be... but it looks like it shouldn't be too difficult
>since the programs are very short.

I believe tha asm/io.h under linux sets up the use of inb() and outb(),
undef freebsd, you include machine/cpu_func.h.  To get permissions
to do the outb's under linux you have to jump through some
hoops, but in freebsd, you just open /dev/io (but you've gotta
be root or suid root)

>-Archie

>_
>Archie L. Cobbs, archie@tribe.com  *  Tribe Computer Works http://www.tribe.co