Date:      Sat, 06 Aug 2011 15:03:21 +0200
From:      Rene Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        bcr@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: update for browser section of the FreeBSD Handbook Desktop chapter

Op 06-08-2011 13:44, Benedict Reuschling schreef:

> Am 06.08.11 12:50, schrieb Rene Ladan:
>> Hi,
>>
>> because Firefox 3.5 was removed from the Ports Collection, I propose to
>> update the browser section of the FreeBSD Handbook Desktop chapter. This
>> will also remove the instructions to install the Diablo Java plugin, as
>> these were specific to Firefox 3.5
>>
>> Comments are welcome.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~rene/patches/desktop.diff
>>
>> René
>
> Hi René,
>
> looks good to me.

Ok, I'll commit it tomorrow (just before the doc slush) if nobody else
objects.

> I was thinking about adding a section that says users
> need to load the sem kernel module using /boot/loader.conf to be able to
> use newer versions of Firefox. It's in the pkg_message, but perhaps it
> would be helpful to mention it in the handbook as well.

Personally it looks like double documentation to me, because it is
already in pkg_message.  But feel free to add a section if you can't resist.

Regards,
René
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl:8080/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC
(subkeys.pgp.net)