Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:01:13 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Aron Green <agreen@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moving OS to a new disk

Actually I think you can, but you may wanna experiment with it first, I
know there's no problem when it's a fat/fat16/32, and I seem to remember
doing a few NTFS drives(probably not), but when doing an
unreadable(Probably, since it's DOS based) drive format I think it copies
byte by byte, and creates an open partion for the remaining space. So if
you cloned a 4 gig disk to an 8 gig, it will create a copy of the 4 gig and
a second partion of 4 gigs.

At least I think...Great now I'll have to try it.......... :)

You could Ghost the drive, then format the remaining space and mount that
under usr/somewhere, say a lot of time...