Date:      01 Sep 2002 18:22:49 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Subject:   Re: disk hardware failure? => new disk

Am So, 2002-09-01 um 16.41 schrieb Wilko Bulte:
> All SCSI drives work in the Alpha (cooling might be an issue in the PWS
> for hot running drives)

That is definitely right. The ventilation in the PWS case is not really
great. One of my disks died a painful (for me) burning death - it got so
hot you couldn't touch it without burning your hand, the disk died after
3 days. I put a 2 fan cooling system in front of the disks, now
everything works fine.

Jan
--
Jan Lentfer