Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 23:59:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        Stephen Fisher <lithium@cia-g.com>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Adduser program in C

> However, I think you'd be doing yourself a real favor by learning perl
> (and awk, sed, sh, grep, cut, etc.).  It's The Right Thing To Do.
> It's The Unix Way: use small simple tools that are very good at a
> specific task, and combine them to make something better.

I was with you right up through the awk, sed, sh, grep, cut..  You
lost me at PERL. :-)

					Jordan

P.S. I'm already well on record as saying that PERL is the anti-christ
of computer languages, so I won't belabor that point here.. :-)
Suffice it to say that I find PERL's syntax and structure highly
objectionable.  Give me a more structured language like TCL or LISP
any day..