Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:01:11 +0200
From:      Dave Boers <djb@quantum-physics.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   success on Asus L8400K

Hi all,

Just for the record, I thought I'd file a succes message about FreeBSD
stable on the new Asus L8400K notebook. There is no mention of it in the
mailinglist archives and there was no reply to my earlier question about it
on this mailinglist either, so it seems appropriate.

Just installed FreeBSD 4.3-BETA on my new Asus L8400K (P3-850/DVD version).
Everything works well, except for the (Aureal based) sound chip. On-board
fast ethernet (realtek 8139 based) works as well as can be expected of a
realtek. The S3 Savage MX graphics adapter works nicely with XFree86 4.03,
although it isn't in the card database of the xf86config utility yet.

Hardware-wise, it's a pretty nice notebook, with full size keyboard keys
(though there is a "Fn" key in the place where Ctrl should be), and a nice
14.1" TFT screen (1024x768). It is also pretty quiet (both cpu fan and
harddisk).

    Greetings,
    Dave Boers.

--