Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:40:19 -0400
From:      Alan Clegg <abc@firehouse.net>
To:        jmz@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 port broken

It would seem that the port of XFree86-3.3.6 is broken.  This is from a
system cvs'upd April 14th at 17:12 US (Eastern).  I just checked and
confirmed that there is not a newer port.

Seemingly, patches should be applied into /usr/ports/x11/XFree86/work/xc and
not into what it is trying...

When attempting to build, I get the following:

Assuming that you have fetched a USA-Legal Wraphelp.c.
===>  Extracting for XFree86-3.3.6
>> Checksum OK for xc/X336src-1.tgz.
>> Checksum OK for xc/X336src-2.tgz.
>> Checksum OK for xc/fix-01-r128.
===>  Patching for XFree86-3.3.6
===>  Applying distribution patches for XFree86-3.3.6
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for XFree86-3.3.6
patch: **** can't cd to /usr/ports/x11/XFree86/work/XFree86-3.3.6: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86.

If I attempt to make again, I get:

i 140} make
===>  Patching for XFree86-3.3.6
===>  Applying distribution patches for XFree86-3.3.6
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y] ^C

AlanC
--
                                      \             Alan B. Clegg
         Just because I can            \          abc@firehouse.net