Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 2002 08:57:35 -0800
From:      eculp@encontacto.net
To:        Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.2.3

Quoting Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.org>:

 | Hi!
 |
 | On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 12:45:20PM +0100, Gabriel Medina wrote:
 | > When is PHP 4.3.0 ready to put in the PORTS? Am I going to try to build it
 | > my self or is it any better idea to wait for the ports to be updated?
 |
 | We are still in ports freeze in preparation for 5.0-RELEASE.
 | I doubt mod_php4 will be upgraded before ports freeze is over.
 |
 | 	Regards Dirk

It was released yesterday, fwiw.

ed

PHP 4.3.0 Released!

[27-Dec-2002] The PHP developers are pleased to announce the immediate
availability of PHP 4.3.0, the latest and greatest version of this extremely
popular and widely used scripting language.

This release contains a multitude of changes, bug fixes and improvements over
the previous one, PHP 4.2.3. It further elevates PHP's standing as a serious
contender in the general purpose scripting language arena. Please see the full
release announcement.