Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 00:19:23 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Dan=20Fairs?= <danfairs@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backspace and editors

Hi,

Just a very quick question. When I telnet from a Linux
xterm onto my FreeBSD box, backspace behaves
strangely. It has the expected performance on the
command line, but performs the usual function of the
'delete' key under windows when used within an editor
(ee, pico, vi). How can this be fixed? It doesn't
happen when I telnet in from a 'linux' term ie. not
from within X.

Cheers,
Dan