Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:31:55 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Josh Tolbert <hemi@just.puresimplicity.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [hemi@just.puresimplicity.net: Re: Unusual sound problems]

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 10:51:59AM -0500, Josh Tolbert wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> 	Looks like ATA things are interrupting on 5 along with the sound card. Should I try putting the sound card in the other ISA slot? Would that make any difference?
>
> atapci0: interrupting at CIA irq 5
> ata1: interrupting at ISA irq 15
> sbc0: interrupting at ISA irq 5

CIA irq 5 is different and idependent from ISA irq 5.
Unfortunately we have a workaround for broken interrupt masking on
EB164 family in 5.x.
Therefor EB164 systems are more sensible for long running interrupt
service routines than other systems.
A better IDE controller than the onboard might help.

ticso@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de