Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:35:40 +0200
From:      Dominik Rothert <dr@domix.de>
To:        To:freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GIMP crashes

Hello FreeBSD'lers,

I've just compiled the port of gimp1 (gimp-1.1.5).  Everything
worked fine,  but then,  I tried to execute gimp the first time
and got this:

<<<<<

Message: Passed serialization test

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't attach SHM Segment for Shared Pixmap mask Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages

Imlib ERROR: SHM can't attach SHM Segment for Shared XImage mask
Falling back on XImages

Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

aborting...
gimp terminated: sigabrt caught

Gdk-ERROR (recursed) **: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)

aborting...
gimp terminated: sigabrt caught

WARNING **: wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed ?)

<<<<<

What's going wrong here?  How can I solve this?

Thanks for your help,
Dominik Rothert.

--
Dominik Rothert