Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 12:29:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        feffe gev <werty69@hotmail.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i NEED SOME INFO

> On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, feffe gev wrote:
>
> > I just started a exploit site called tds.
>
> Aren't you just the elitest cracker on your block. I assume that you now
> have all the chicks at your Junior High.

Umm.  It's pretty obvious by this that Bill has a dislike for the
exploit crowd, but I'd like it a lot better if we could keep the
personal attacks out of freebsd-doc.  There's no point in potentially
starting wars for no reason like this.

> > And I'm using a two pictures I think you have made.
> > The fisrt on is the bsd devil and ther one under is a picture that says
> > get freebsd. the pictures are both linked to your site, but please mail
> > back and tell me if I can keep it thaT WAy , cause I don't want to get
> > caught for using you're pics.
>
> The pictures are copyrighted, IIRC, and I doubt the creator would want to
> relenquish those rights to someone as cool as yourself.

The pictures are more than usable, as it states on our gallery page,
by anyone not using them in bad taste (e.g. peeing on penguins or
displayed alongside porn as a "devil").  If someone wants to put a
"get freebsd!" icon at the bottom of a page devoted to some topic
potentially sensitive matter then there's still no problem with that
just so long as it's clearly separate and displayed for reasons of
advocacy rather than personal gain.

- Jordan