Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:06:27 +0530
From:      "Joseph Koshy" <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        "Joe Holden" <joe@joeholden.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Seemingly) Spontaneous rebooting

jh> Hi, i'm observing random reboots on a dedicated machine I
jh> have with 1&1.

jh> I have included as much information as I can think of, if
jh> there is anything else I can provide, please ask.

Is the machine stable otherwise?  Does it pass its
builtin diagnostics?

A good way to check for bad memory/insufficient cooling
is to run a 'make -jN  buildworld' repeatedly for 24+hrs,
where you choose `N' according to the amount of CPU and
RAM you have.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy