Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:50:22 +0100
From:      Tijl Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Reed A. Cartwright" <cartwright@asu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking Binary Ports/Pkgs Tree

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 21:58:17 -0700 "Reed A. Cartwright" <cartwright@asu.edu> wrote:
> I have been using poudriere for a while to build packages locally.  I
> recently reduced the package server to just the ports that I need to
> have custom options.  I want to rely on the freebsd pkgs as much as I
> can.
>
> However, this has proven difficult because my ports directory is often
> ahead of the one that corresponded to the latest set of binary
> packages.  I read where packages are build off of a snapshot of the
> ports tree on every wednesday.
>
> Is this snapshot saved anywhere?  If so, I would like to be able to
> sync my local ports directory against it.  If not, I would like to
> request such ability.

Package build information is available on http://beefy1.isc.freebsd.org/
and http://beefy2.isc.freebsd.org/ and each package set lists the
port revision that was used.  For instance on
http://beefy1.isc.freebsd.org/build.html?mastername=10i386-default&build=2014-11-26_03h32m47s
it says svn://svn0.us-west.freebsd.org/ports/head@373435

Then you can update your ports tree to that revision with:
svn up -r 373435