Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:12:02 -0500
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mySQL on CURRENT: lots of troubles

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 12:27:45PM +0400, Alex Povolotsky wrote:
> at every attempt to connect to it, and  starting mysql daemon from
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d caused panic.

there's a script that sets up default user permissions.  Nuking the stuff in
/var/db/mysql and then rerunning this script has helped, in my experience.

-danny

--
  //       dannyman yori aiokomete       ||  Our Honored Symbol deserves
\\/ http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/  ||  an Honorable Retirement (UIUC)