Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:44:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please help with WaveLAN!

> The error message is correct - the driver is failing to do things to
> the card.

> Search the archives for this list for 'wi0: tx buffer allocation failed'
> I get a couple of hundred hits, most of them look relevant.
>
> Many of them are me telling people to check IRQs.

Possibly something like:

wi0: tx buffer allocation failed (Interrupt problem?)

...might be appropriate?  I'm assuming that this message comes from the wi
driver itself - if so, I think that the extra bytes sucked up in the
kernel could help eliminate questions like this...  The error message
itself as it is really doesn't say "wrong interrupt, dummy!"  Actually, it
makes me think of a memory-related problem.

Of course, my opinion is that IRQs 2-4, 9, and 14 shouldn't even be
offered in the first place...  (I didn't check that they are, BTW - but
just in case...)  If someone has a machine with no serial ports, let them
put 3 & 4 back in pccard.conf if they want to...

--mike