Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 23:55:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Mike Harshbarger <harsh882@uidaho.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound driver problem

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Mike Harshbarger wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Mike Harshbarger wrote:
> >
> > > options         "GUS_IRQ=11"            #gus.
> > > device          gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 1 vector gusintr
> >
> > 	Hmmmm, it seems like the kernel defaults to irq 12 it seems and
> > it worked before... I think in DOS, my card is set to IRQ 11, DMA 5,6 and
> > DMA Channels 1....  Where did you get the options line from?
>
> I don't remember when I set these up... probably when either 2.1-RELEASE
> came out or voxware was integrated. Anyway, looking though
> /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h, I can see this:
>
> /* ****** IO-address, DMA and IRQ settings ****
> If your card has nonstandard I/O address or IRQ number, change defines
>    for the following settings in your kernel Makefile */
>
> [...]
>
> #ifndef GUS_IRQ
> #define GUS_IRQ         15
> #endif
>
> So, I guess I had and did. Looking through this file, I see some other
> things we can tinker with.

	Hmmm, I think the GUS defaults to irq 11 even when you take it
out of the box... Maybe the GUSMax just doesn't work too well with the
Triton based P5-90's or something since it seems like a bus timing
problem or the card has to be in a certain position in the slot for it to
work since sometimes SBOS in DOS won't load and I had to slightly move
the card before it will work...

Vince