Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:52:54 -0700
From:      javocado <javocado@gmail.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>, michelle@sorbs.net
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Prioritize resilvering priority

Thanks for all that feedback. Yes, this is for zfs. It looks like some of
those sysctls are not available in 8.3:

# sysctl vfs.zfs.scrub_delay
sysctl: unknown oid 'vfs.zfs.scrub_delay'

# sysctl vfs.zfs.resilver_delay
sysctl: unknown oid 'vfs.zfs.resilver_delay'

# sysctl vfs.zfs.zfs_top_maxinflight
sysctl: unknown oid 'vfs.zfs.zfs_top_maxinflight'

But I do have:
vfs.zfs.vdev.max_pending: 10 (dynamic)
vfs.zfs.scrub_limit: 10 (loader)

So, I think I would want to lower one or both of these to increase I/O
responsiveness on the system. Correct? How would the 2 play together in
terms of which to adjust to achieve the best system performance at the
expense of a longer resilver?