Date:      Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:18:03 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   pf causes freeze of amd64 machine on heavy network load

Hello,

recently I sent a mail to the current mailing list concerning this
problem, but I figured out that my problem is related to pf.

I have an amd64 machine with 6.0-BETA2 that freezes totally on heavy
network I/O with activated pf. I noticed that it doesn't occur with
every ruleset.

This is the output of dmesg; note the KDB backtraces during the attempt
to load pf.ko and system shutdown:

   http://212.202.37.29/dateien/dmesg.txt

The following ruleset is neither complete nor optimized; I stopped
working on it when I noticed that pf doesn't work for me:

   http://212.202.37.29/dateien/pf.conf.txt

Unfortunately the time-frame where I can make tests concerning this
issue is from now until Monday. I hope someone is able to reproduce the
error to make further investigations.

Regards Björn

--
Björn König (bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de)
student at the Technische Universität Berlin