Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2017 06:24:34 +0000
From:      "Caza, Aaron" <Aaron.Caza@ca.weatherford.com>
To:        Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: FreeBSD10 Stable + ZFS + PostgreSQL + SSD performance drop < 24 hours

Slawa - thanks again for your suggestion but, unfortunately, same behavior:

(Server is Intel Core i5-2500K w 16GB ram and 2x Intel 520 120GB SSDs):

PostgreSQL test results immediately after reboot:
 Timing is on.
  count
----------
 21568508
(1 row)

Time: 53855.000 ms
test$ uptime
 7:51PM  up 2 mins, 1 user, load averages: 2.46, 0.88, 0.34
test$ uname -a
FreeBSD xyz.com 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #0 r307264M: Mon Jun 12 17:=
48:24 MDT 2017     aaronc@WFT:XYZ  amd64

PostgreSQL test results after ~5 hours:
Timing is on.
  count
----------
 21568508
(1 row)

Time: 737626.512 ms
test$ uname -a
FreeBSD xyz.com 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #0 r307264M: Mon Jun 12 17:=
48:24 MDT 2017     aaronc@WFT:XYZ  amd64
test$ uptime
 1:06AM  up  5:16, 1 user, load averages: 2.21, 2.59, 2.04

Perhaps if I was on stable/11 this would be of some benefit.

Regards,