Date:      Sat, 7 Aug 2010 02:55:05 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Rocky Borg <rrborg@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Custom 64bit FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE with XFCE packages  released

Rocky,

Thanks, been there and done that ::(

That shows how to use xdm, gut I am trying with xdm.  And since the
spin is a custom one, I thought I was just getting XFCE only, but
there is enough of gnome that it will start instead of xfce.

I have messed around trying things, I fix one error and get another one.

I got first error:

Could not load up Internet address for .
This will prevent XFce from operating correctly,
It may  be possible to correct the problem by adding to the file
/etc/hosts on your system

I added a hostname, and put it into /etc/rc.conf
and then I fixed it, but then I get that sleeping could not ....

I am having a hard time setting this up.  Maybe I just should delete
gdm and try a compling autologin.c solution?

I have successfully used it on Slackware, but here, I am running out of ideas :(

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/autologin-without-gui-374338/

It is hard to set things up and just work.  I can use gnome, but would
prefer XFCE.

Thanks,

Antonio