Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 15:23:49 -0400
From:      "Caleb Land" <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading Gnome (or any other port installed software)

Hello,
	I've been using FreeBSD 4.0 for a couple of months (I needed to use the
current one because of my ATA/66 controller card), and I would like to know
what the ``proper'' method is to upgrade a large package such as Gnome from
ports.  I don't mind custimizing the software again (if there are
incompatibilities), just as long as it works.  I ask this because I recently
read a post on the list by someone who said that he was planning on updating
the Gnome in the ports collection to the new Gnome 1.2.

On an unrelated note: has anyone had difficulties installing the newest
sawmill from ports.  I am on a windows box, so I can't get the actual error,
but I think it was LISP related.  This isn't too important though.

Sincerely,
Caleb Land
(bokonon@rochester.rr.com)