Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:01:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bdoehner@enterasys.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        "Dreamtime.net Inc." <clients@dreamtime.net>, <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Symbolic Links

I was going from the warning you get from vipw if you try to
assign a UID greater than 64k (16 bits).

I stand corrected, thanks. Even 32 bits doesn't get you to 1 million,
but we are deviating from the original intent of this thread, about
the maximum number of symbolic links in a dir.

Bernie

=== Bernie Doehner               		                         ===
=== Firmware Engineer                           Enterasys Networks, Inc. ===
=== bdoehner@enterasys.com  	                35 Industrial Way        ===
=== Office: (603) 337-1315                      Rochester, NH 03866      ===