Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:40:54 +0100
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@teaser.fr>
To:        takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp
Cc:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aladdin chipset SMBus support available!

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 03:55:07AM +0900, takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp wrote:

>>d2 found.
>
>I want to know about this address. SMBus in my  motherboard will hang
>up when I issue RECV_BYTE method for this port.

It does not for me. It's supposed to be the address of a clock chip,
isn't it?

>>> BTW, as outlined by -pkh all this is just a first step in a huge monitoring
>>> adventure where all still need to be _defined_ (architecture and interfaces)
>>> and implemented. Any proposition for doing the job is wellcome,
>>> since I just have enough time to do the hardware SMBus support.
>>
>>Sounds like fun....
>
>I think so too.
>/dev/smb? should not be used in casual use,because it is dangerous,as
>banging I/O port.I want to discuss about the interface. Where did he
>wrote it?

He wrote nothing, just:

Not to stop you in your tracks, but I would really love to see
somebody (more capable than the PAO people) work out a power
management architecture for us before we have too many more
hacks in this area...

Poul-Henning

In message <199902131808.KAA79388@freefall.freebsd.org>, Nicolas Souchu writes:
>nsouch      1999/02/13 10:08:35 PST
>
>  Modified files:
>    share/man/man4       intpm.4
>  Log:
>  Fix the date and add an smbus declaration
>
>  Revision  Changes    Path
>  1.2       +3 -2      src/share/man/man4/intpm.4

<<<

--
nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org