Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:34:51 -0000
From:      "Admin" <admin@sycos.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        peter@sycos.co.uk
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.1 Installation problem

Dear Sir/ Madam,

After installing the FreeBSD minimum installation, I, installed the =
ports using the sysinstall. But, when I tried to install XFree86 =
package, it failed to complete the installation. Now, it has corrupted =
the root (/) and /tmp partition. After running the fsck command manually =
on root, I recovered the root file system, but, it won't let me recover =
the /tmp filesystem.

I desperately need help to continue with the installation. Please advise =
a.s.ap.

Kind Regards

Gurdial Chandra
Sycos AES