Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:19:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joseph Anthony <jga@wastelandranger.org>
To:        Richard Glidden <rglidden@zaphod.wox.org>
Cc:        James Satterfield <jsatterfield@intertrust.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: moving to XFree86-4

Why don't you just download the binaries from XFree86.org and run the
install scripts?

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Richard Glidden wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Richard Glidden <rglidden@zaphod.wox.org>
> To: James Satterfield <jsatterfield@intertrust.com>
> Cc: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: RE: moving to XFree86-4
>

> Come to think of it, I did have xf86cfg dump core on me once, when I
> already had XFree86 3.3.6 installed and then installed the XFree86 4.1
> port without removing 3.3.6 first.  I haven't tried 4.1 on other machines.
>
> However, I have run the XFree86 4.0 port's xf86cfg without problems on 3
> other machines which did not have 3.3.6 installed.  These were machines
> running FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE with nVidia and ATI video cards (GeForce, and
> Mach64)
>
> Perhaps there is some piece of an old configuration sitting around that is
> confusing xf86cfg?  Or maybe there is something wrong with the 4.1 port
> (I haven't tried it enough to be sure)
>
> - Richard
>
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, James Satterfield wrote:
>
> > I've had xf86cfg core on every machine I've tried it on. Perhaps I'm missing
> > something?
> >
> > James.

- --
  .-.    _-~\      .-.      \==/   |   Joseph Anthony
 ( O )  |\ O \    (___)     (oo)   |   http://www.wastelandranger.org
  `-'   /\\_-~     |v|       ()    |   jga@wastelandranger.org
CAMBOT! GYPSY! TOM SERVO! CROOOOW! |   ICQ #3923267