Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:07:34 +0000
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@fastmail.fm>
To:        Mark Luxton <markluxton@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rebuilding the Kernel

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 06:32:19PM +0000, Mark Luxton wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> So I can get it right in my head (now there's a challenge).  The correct=
=20
> steps for building a custom kernel is:
>=20
>   1) update sources
>   2) rm -rf /usr/obj/*
>   3) make buildworld
>   4) edit kernel config file
>   5) make buildkernel
>   6) make installkernel
>   7) reboot
>   8) make installworld
>   9) mergemaster
>=20
> Many Thanks
>=20
> Mark.

I believe that's mostly it, but there are smaller steps that may be
important inbetween, like doing `chflags' on /usr/obj/* before removing
the files - all this is in the manual, though.  The steps outlined
above are in the handbook - in that order.  Take another look at the
handbook and if you still have problem reply with specific issues.

Nathan
--=20
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--