Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 13:23:57 -0600
From:      Brett Bump <bbump@mail.enetis.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3300/3305 and 5300/5305 Problems

David,

I've always gotten this with all the snap releases (and the 4.0-RELEASE)

since about "October snap" when I first tried it.  When Andrew mentioned

the "grabbing something current", I grabbed the 12/25/99 stuff and it
had
done the same thing.  It's been the same thing with each snap
distribution
since then.  I even built a distribution on one of my AS200s and then
put
the disk in one of the 3300s thinking maybe it was a problem with the
diskettes.  I haven't even tried booting it with the ISO image...hold
on...

Ok, exactly same message (just a different address).  The Mar 20, 2000
ISO (4.0-RELEASE) stops after loading the kernel with this message:

Entering kernel at 0xfffffc0000325c20...

halted CPU 0

halt code = 2
kernel stack not valid halt
PC = fffffc00004da8c4c
boot failure

This is on a 3300 with 256meg of memory running SRM V5.5-78.