Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:58:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      FreeBSD <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   KDE2, TrueType, AA, and Kmail

Running into two problems with the aforementioned subject:

1. When I enable antialiasing in KDE2, TrueType fonts become unavailable
to the system. I had to turn off AA to get the TrueType fonts back. I've
tried setting QT_XFT=0 in my .zshrc, but it still doesn't change anything.
Anyone run into this?

2. Kmail work except for mail compose. Sortof. The compose a new message
window would appear, but anything I type would not show up, but the
characters are being entered. I literally can't see what I'm typing. the
cursor would blink at me, sitting on the To: line, and I'd type away at
it, but nothing would show up. I can change to the Subject line, type some
things, move the body and type things, click send, and it'd send it with
all that I have typed, and to the email address I've typed. But I just
can't see anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.