Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:41:53 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        patl@phoenix.volant.org, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cause of NetBIOS-NS requests from outside

In message <199810282324.QAA13189@mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
: Both, but most likely M$ brain-damage.  I see them *ALL* the time on my
: network, and I've learned to ignore them. :(

We have 204.144.255.xxx netblock from our ISP.  Every time a new user
would join our ISP, or every time that a new Win95 machine would be
added to the network, we'd get boatloads of traffic from it.  seems
like it was a common bug to have 204.144.x.x be the network (eg use a
255.255.0.0 netmask)....  We filter them all out, and used to send
hate mail when we saw them.  We no longer have a filter dropped
report, so we no longer send hate mail :-)

Warner