Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 06:58:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use of your strptime(3) code (fwd)

When I was trying to port mSQL-2.0b5, I needed a strptime(3) call, which
we don't have.  Although the need for it in mSQL-2 is no longer
required, it might be a valuable addition to libcompat, since most
SVR4 systems have it.

This company (Powerdog Industries) have a strptime implementation that
looks like we could use.  It's already been added to NetBSD (sometime
after v1.2 as far as I can tell)

I can't seem to find the original .shar anymore, but it is available as
part of the Solaris 2 Porting FAQ, found at

http://ume.med.ucalgary.ca/usenet/Solaris/0377.html (and many other places
I'm sure)

If this is something worthy of going it, can someone add it, or should I
attempt ?  I've never modified the main source tree before, but If I can
make it work as part of libcompat on my personal machine...