Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 00:34:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMware3 + VMware4 support plans

Hi all,

Now the vmware3 port has been comitted. It already works well for
one instance, beside some errors if you switch the windows too often.

Orlanda has done most of the port and he will also be the
port maintainer.

Our goal is to make it possible to run several instances
of vmware at the same time. If that works, we will port
vmware4 and extend the net support even more.

USB support will be tricky. Who would be the right one
to ask for help here ? We would need to add USB-linuxulator
support and that may be really tricky.

I'll commit next week a fix to the linuxulator to make it
possible to use raw disks in VMware. This is still broken
since FreeBSD 4.3, ouch ...

Martin