Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 23:33:42 -0600
From:      Mike Allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>, "'Wes Peters'" <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Digital, Intel, Silicon Graphics (fwd)

Bottom line is:

What is purchased, what is installed and what is USED.....

How many of those NT purchasers pass their discs along to others?

How many people are downloading NT to run and not purchasing anything??

It's all insipid, anyway.

FreeOSs are not in competition with Microsoft anything.  They are a viable alternative and, in may cases, a viable supplement to Corporate OS.

I've seen (we've all seen) Gov't offices, military offices, commercial. etc where a FreeOS, CommUnix, and NT (or else?) cohabitate and work together.....

Who cares how many NTs ship?  Who cares what peaks?  NO ONE has FreeOS sales numbers because it's not a license, so it's ever irrelevant...

Mike Allison