Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 03:12:25 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Richard Bernard <rbernard@ozemail.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp & tip connections

> I can get ppp to PPP but I then unable to get Mosaic or Netscape to
> connect to the PPP connection. I do not know how to use another Xterm
> window to connect FTP, either.

Have you typed "add 0 0 HISADDR" after getting the "PPP ON ...>"
prompt ?

If you don't know how to create an xterm window, you shouldn't really
be using X.  You should read the docs on your window manager to find
out what you can do and how you launch more programs.  In the
meantime, just time "xterm &" in the other window.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;