Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:20:08 GMT
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/79655: linux_base-8 fails to install as non-root

The following reply was made to PR ports/79655; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: obrien@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:19:02 +0200

 Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:

 > One possible solution would be to only use ARCH to set these flags and
 > then set a variable named LINUX_ARCH that could be used in the names
 > of the RPM files, etc.  E.g. the above would become:
 [changes]
 > and all the other occurences of ${ARCH} would become ${TRUE_ARCH}.

 I don't have an amd64 machine to test this. And I haven't looked at the ARCH
 issues, since David seems to have work in this area.

 I like to incorporate at least John's patch into my linux-mega-patch. If your
 proposal is orthogonal to David's work I can integrate it into my mega patch
 (which is supposed to get a test run on the ports build cluster) too. I
 assume it works for you.

 Bye,
 Alexander.

 Windle shook his head sadly. Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an
 insane mind.
 (Reaper Man)